[Diy_efi] MAF calibration

Heath, Tom theath at plasticart.com
Sat Aug 17 00:05:02 GMT 2002

Forgive me if this has been discussed before.  I'm a newbe here, but I have
been searching for several days now with no success.

Here is what I'm doing:
94 Ford 2.0L, EEC-IV ecm, with a MAF.  I'm going to turbo this engine.
I believe the trick to compensate for larger injectors is to recalibrate the
MAF sensor.  Now, I'm a mechanical engineer, so changes to the ecm program
are beyond me at this time.
I calculate that I need 300cc/min injectors, this is 36% larger than the
original 220cc.

Question 1) Has there been any work done on a DIY MAF recalibration?

Question 2) Is a change to the basic MAF size a viable alternative (see
below) or is my logic flawed?
	By doing some quick air flow calculations  CFM=(CID x RPM x .5 x
Ev)/1728
    Alternative 1, maximum air flow
	I find that a MAF from a 3.8L (Taurus) should flow the required
maximum 230cfm I need with a pressure ratio of 1.54 on the 2.0L.  However,
at idle the cfm is 89% different (46.8cfm for the 3.8, and 24.7 for the
2.0).
    Alternative 2, idle CFM plus 36%
	Solve for CID at idle plus 36% CFM (to compensate for increased
injector size) is 	approximately 166CID (or 2.7L).

Thanks for your help.