[Diy_efi] Stick vs. Auto Maps

Perry Harrington pedward at apsoft.com
Tue Aug 20 20:14:51 GMT 2002

Auto to stick conversions are quite popular.  The computers are somewhat
different, depending on the particular automatic.

Auto to stick conversions are pretty popular in mustangs for various reasons.
It's easier to go to a stick than auto.  I have never heard of problems when
switching to manual.

--Perry

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 05:46:48PM -0400, Guncotton wrote:
> I was disscussing automatic to stick converstions with a buddy of mine
> today. He argued that it's a big pain in the arse since the ECM's are
> programmed differently...so after the swap the motor wouldn't run "right".
>
> Assuming that there was a seperate module to control transmission shifts, is
> there a difference between a stick shift ECM and a automatics' ECM in terms
> of it's programming?
>
> Cheers,
> GC
>
> BTW: I'm new to fuel injection so please forgive me if this is an elementary
> question.

Perry Harrington			Data Acquisition & Instrumentation, Inc
perry at dainst dot com					 http://www.dainst.com/

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin