[Diy_efi] Fixed frequency PWM batch mode FI

Lasse Langwadt Christensen langwadt at ieee.org
Wed Aug 21 06:07:45 GMT 2002

Les Dittert wrote:

> I have searched high and low and haven't found the answer to this
> question:
> are there any disadvantages to running the injectors at a
> fixed frequency of injection that isn't related to RPM?
> I realize that doing this in batch mode will result in some injections
> hitting a close valve sometimes and then sometimes hitting an open
> valve.
> Since some OEM fuel systems run batch mode where they fire all injectors
> at the same time
> I figured they have the same situation anyway.
> Another question:
> If using a fixed frequency you what should that frequency be?
> I'm assuming it should be something equivalent to running a sequential
> injection system at about 4000 RPM.
>
> -Les

of the top of my head ....

the dynamic range of the injectors with one intake of air and one
squirt of fuel, per power-stroke is less ?

at 8000rpm every other intake would get more than its share of the
fuel, so it would alternate between rich and lean ?

-Lasse
--
// Lasse Langwadt Christensen
// Aalborg, Danmark