[Diy_efi] Crank trigger resolution

Dave Dahlgren ddahlgren at snet.net
Fri Aug 23 18:03:46 GMT 2002

If the maximum timing is 40 BTDC and you have a signal at a few micro seconds
before that doesn't that make all the other teeth just intermediate results that
has no real bearing on when you are going to fire the spark. What good is
updating the crank position every 6 degrees in places of no particular interest
if all you need to do is control the ignition timing.

 How are you going to find 'crank twist' with a wheel mounted on the front of
the crank like electromotive with 6 teeth or 600 what would you compare it to?
If you have one at each end I could see it but not with 1 wheel.

Dave Dahlgren