[Diy_efi] Getting access to SAE papers

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Mon Aug 26 03:17:29 GMT 2002

Dan D'Andrea tapped away at the keyboard with:
> Is there a way to get unbridled access to SAE papers on-line for
> free?  I'm not asking for some illicit way to do this just thought
> that I might be missing something obvious.

Get a job at SAE? :-)

> If there is no free electronic access available, do most
> university libraries have SAE papers, perhaps hardcopies?  I live
> very close to several major universities.

Quite likely.

> At the moment, I am very interested in reading SAE document
> #942474 which appparently discusses traction control, which is
> something that I want to learn more about (DIY-TC).  If someone
> has a copy of this document, would it be legal for you to give me
> a copy?

Not generally. According to the pink or green leaflet that come with
the printed paper, it's illegal to make copies to pass onto others.
May not apply to all papers; sometimes the contributing organization
has free downloads at their web site.

> Anyway, SAE papers sound like something that I could sit around
> and read for hours upon hours, soaking up knowledge, so I don't
> think having this one paper would quench my thirst.

Do try to remember that you're using somebody else's brain when
reading.