[Diy_efi] default ignition tables

Marc Reibel marc at reibel-web.de
Mon Aug 26 14:43:06 GMT 2002

On Sun, 25 Aug 2002, Kent Martin wrote:

> Hi,
> I am building my own EFI system and have got to the stage of getting
> the engine running, but need a little help in calculating advance curves.
> Does anyone know or know where I can find info an how to make
> and advance curve given cylinder capacity, mainfold pressure, and
> combustion chamber configuration. It is for a valve per cylinder engine
> with a turbo, hoping to achieve 300Hp.

1 valve per cylinder, that's impressive ;)

> I read a bit years ago which related flame front progation speed and
> the distance to the furtherest point from the spark plug in the combustion
> chamber to ignition advance. However it was very general and very old.
> I would like something a little more advanced (excuse the pun) than this
> to work out the timing.
> Alternatively, it is a Mitsubishi galant VR4 engine , and the orginal
> advance curves
> may suffice for a starting point, if someone has a copy of them.

Why not running both systems for some time in parallel and
recording the "standard"-values with the new system?

> On a side note, I am looking for a wide band oxygen sensor as many others
> are, but wondered if anyone in OZ knows where to get one localy.
>
> Kent.

Just my 0.02 cents..
Marc
--
Marc Reibel <marc at reibel-web.de> <http://www.reibel-web.de>
PGP Key: 0xBC41A832/B4BB 179B 38B1 6C65 31FA B51C DBB6 A50A