[Diy_efi] Ideal fuel injection point

Derek derek_obanion at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 28 14:46:53 GMT 2002

The fuel management computer I have allows me to precisely specify my fuel
injection point according to crank position in the injection cycle (2 turns, 720
degrees). It also allows me to advance this point by up to 720 degrees at any
point on a 3d map (manifold pressure x RPM). In effect I can decide exactly how
I want to time the injection event, and compensate for the longer injection
pulse widths that happen at WOT.

So given this freedom, what is the ideal injection point, accounting for the
delayt between injection and the fuel reaching the intake valve? My intake valve
starts to open 3 degrees BTDC and closes 50 degrees ABDC, and my fuel injectors
are aprox 1.5" from the intake valve.