[Diy_efi] 1984 Corvette ECM

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Fri Aug 30 03:11:56 GMT 2002

Hello.

The pickup here:
http://eol.grolen.com/~shannen/pics
uses an xfire manifold with 7747.  It was originally assembled with the
5550 ecm.  The "original" wiring harness was from an S10 with a 7747.  So,
the connectors have been changed 2x (once to 5550, and once back to 7747).
The job is time consuming and requires attention to detail, but not rocket
science.

The 7747 can be found in many truck applications from 1986 to 1991(possibly
later years, also).
There are/were posts and details about the ecm swap on the crossfire
forum.  I do a web search when I need the url.  There are also details in
the archives for this list and the gmecm list.

Shannen