[Diy_efi] Motronic fuel cut on excess boost??

Perry Harrington pedward at apsoft.com
Fri Aug 30 14:04:12 GMT 2002

Chris, you could try putting a potentiometer in line with the MAP
sensor to scale the output from the MAP.  I've thought about doing
this, but it does it all the time, even in vacuum, which isn't good.

--Perry

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 08:43:46PM +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:

> How can I overcome the fuel cut built into the Motronic on my 1988 UK
> 740 turbo? If I raise boost even a tiny bit (1 psi) over stock it hits
> fuel cut.  I want to raise boost by another 2.5 psi as I am running
> decent fuel and water injection.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>            Chris Wilson                          mailto:chris at formula3.freeserve.co.uk

Perry Harrington			Data Acquisition & Instrumentation, Inc
perry at dainst dot com					 http://www.dainst.com/

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin