[Diy_efi] Motronic fuel cut on excess boost??

Chris Wilson chris at formula3.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Aug 30 19:05:15 GMT 2002

Friday, August 30, 2002, 5:06:56 AM, you wrote:

> Chris, you could try putting a potentiometer in line with the MAP
> sensor to scale the output from the MAP.  I've thought about doing
> this, but it does it all the time, even in vacuum, which isn't good.

> --Perry

AFAIK it doesn't have a MAP sensor, works of AFM (swinging gate type)
throttle pot and RPM, with normal temp trimming. If it HAS a MAP sensor
I haven't found it! UK spec 1988 Volvo 740 turbo intercooler, on
Motronic, the one with 2 flywheel sensors, one counting ring gear
teeth, the other about 90 degrees BTDC ( a metal tab on the flex plate,
it's an automatic). Cheers.

--
Best regards,
 Chris Wilson                           mailto:chris at formula3.freeserve.co.uk