[Diy_efi] Kawasaki 100 cc Ignition upgrade

Eric Schimelpfenig ericschimel at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 1 02:55:47 GMT 2002

Hello list members, I have an interesting problem, and I thought=
 that
I would tap the great minds on this list:  I thank you all in=
 advance
for any help.......

Ok, heres the machine:  1974 Kawasaki G5 b, 100cc two stroke=
 dual
purpose motorcycle. (1 cylinder)

The problem I am having is with the stock point and condenser
ignition system.

The system consists of a 6 volt ignition system, point,=
 condenser,
single coil, and magneto for charging.

There is a flywheel that contains magnets for charging of the
battery/lights.  The inner section of the flywheel has a cam on=
 it
that opens and closes the point.  The cam is soo worn out that=
 the
points don't open when they are supposed to.

What I was thinking of doing was locating some sort of crank
triggered ignition.  Something that I could directly attach to=
 the
crank shaft.

Is there any kits available for something like this?  Maybe some=
 sort
of upgrade for go karts or lawn mowers?

Eric Schimelpfenig
ericschimel at yahoo.com