[Diy_efi] Spark Table

Aaron Aaron at lightfirst.com
Tue Dec 3 02:33:12 GMT 2002

------=_NextPart_000_003D_01C29A41.CF680E10

Hello all,=20

I am new to the list and was wondering if I could ask something of your =
collective experience and intelligence. I recently purchased a FAST =
(formerly Speedpro) computer with the Wide band O2. I currently have my =
spark table set to 16d at idle and linearly increasing to 34d at 3000 =
(and up). 34d is where the car made max power on the dyno. I have the =
spark set flat in this fashion at all kPa levels and was wondering if I =
could have some pointers on what else to do. I heard that at lower kPas =
and higher RPMs you can run more spark advance safely to improve =
throttle response. I have been looking at GM spark tables, but they only =
go to 3600rpm and for some reason are at only 20d at the highest RPMs =
and kPas. I think I am reading them incorrectly.=20

Anyway, to make a long post short, I am looking for a "standard" =
performance spark table for a GM smallblock to use as a starting point =
for future tuning. Any help would be appreciated.=20

Also, are there any Speedpro guys in the Chicagoland area that could =
give me some pointers as to the rest of my calibration?

Thank you,
-Aaron
'90 Caprice 9C1 12.73 @ 105.75 1.7 60'

------=_NextPart_000_003D_01C29A41.CF680E10

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello all, </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am new to the list and was wondering =
if I could=20
ask something of your collective experience and intelligence. I recently =

purchased a FAST (formerly Speedpro) computer with the Wide band O2. I =
currently=20
have my spark table set to 16d at idle and linearly&nbsp;increasing to =
34d at=20
3000 (and up).&nbsp;34d is where the car made max power on the dyno. I =
have the=20
spark set flat in this fashion at all kPa levels and was wondering if I =
could=20
have some pointers on what else to do. I heard that at lower kPas and =
higher=20
RPMs you can run more spark advance safely to improve throttle response. =
I have=20
been looking at GM spark tables, but they only go to 3600rpm and for =
some reason=20
are at only 20d at the highest RPMs and kPas. I think I am reading them=20
incorrectly. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Anyway, to make a long post short, I am =
looking for=20
a "standard" performance spark table for a GM smallblock to use as a =
starting=20
point for future tuning. Any help would be appreciated. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Also, are there any Speedpro guys in =
the=20
Chicagoland area that could give me some pointers as to the rest of my=20
calibration?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thank you,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-Aaron</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>'90 Caprice 9C1 12.73 @ 105.75 1.7=20
60'</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_003D_01C29A41.CF680E10--