[Diy_efi] Low cost 2-axis accelerometer

Barry sy2th at direcway.com
Tue Dec 3 02:39:54 GMT 2002

I use a unit by Crossbow for tuning purposes - cost a bundle more, though
($105, IIRC)!  Definitely gives some numbers to play with regarding 'real'
acceleration vs. 'seat of the pants'.  Spikes in accel can make the vehicle
*feel* faster, but the area under the curve plotted vs time gives the true
picture.  Dunno about monitoring an actual engine with one, but I recall an
article awhile back about one used on the belt tensioner to pick up knock -
apparently the crankshaft gets a noticeable 'kick' from a knock event.

Barry