[Diy_efi] Fuel pump sizing?

Programmer nwester at eidnet.org
Wed Dec 4 02:18:29 GMT 2002

Since I'm twiddling my thumbs right now,

You've got (6) 19lb/hr injectors, so you need a pump that will feed at least
114 lbs/hr @ rated pressure. For 175 HP and BSFC of 0.50, you need a minimum
87.5 lbs/hr of fuel.
For the sake of safety, I'd look for something in the 130-150 lb/hr or 21
GPH rating (at rated Fuel pressure).

Quick rule of thumb--divide "HP needed" by two for "lbs/hr required."

Lyndon