[Diy_efi] veggie van

Lasse Langwadt Christensen langwadt at ieee.org
Wed Dec 4 21:39:42 GMT 2002

steve ravet wrote:
> Has anyone else heard of this?  Apparently it's making the rounds on
> Discovery, CNN, etc.  There are people out there running their diesel
> vehicles on sunflower oil, used french fry oil from McDonalds, etc.
> Does this really work reliably in the long run?
>
> http://www.veggievan.com is one of the many sites that talk about this.
>
> --steve

Not too long ago the was a show on Nationa geographic (I think) about
the people of Bougainville, after seven years of war and no import of
anything, they were still driving around in the Toyota pickups and using
generators left by a mining company, running on coconut oil ...

I wonder how long a modern diesel with its +20000psi pump would last?

-Lasse