[Diy_efi] OT: ABS retrofit into older car...

Perry Harrington pedward at apsoft.com
Wed Dec 4 21:40:59 GMT 2002

I wonder if he's referring to those delay valves used to delay the onset of
rear brakes.  The stated purpose is to prevent rear brake lockup by preventing
the high pressure surge when someone stomps the pedal in an emergency.

Those devices are not neccessary if you have properly biased your brakes.
That is the whole purpose of a bias valve, it limits pressure to the rear
brakes so that the front brakes lockup first.

--Perry

--
Perry Harrington			Data Acquisition & Instrumentation, Inc
perry at dainst dot com					 http://www.dainst.com/

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin