[Diy_efi] ABS braking

Ohio Benz ohiobenz at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 5 12:39:24 GMT 2002

Maybe I'm over simplifying the system, but what we
have to my understanding is a set of prox's that
senses the impulses of each of the wheels' rotation.
The controller then modulates the brake pump output to
the point that the wheel has brake pressure applied,
but not locked up - hence the pulsations. The
controller senses each wheel independently and then
controls each of the 4 or 6 valves to allow the proper
output from the pump to go to the one(s) that rotates
the fastest.

My '94 E150 has single axle REAR ABS, not front
because the purpose is to keep the unloaded wheels
from locking up.