[Diy_efi] OT: ABS retrofit into older car...

Perry Harrington pedward at apsoft.com
Thu Dec 5 20:13:43 GMT 2002

I was referring to the "street rod" wonder toy.

For some reason in those circles those delay lines are considered magic.
It's silly really.

--Perry

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 08:46:18AM -0500, Amenson Scott   (AC/ESC4) wrote:
> Perry,
> Almost all vehicles have proportioning valves.  They are essentially the
> same devices that we put on our race/modified cars except for that the
> spring tension (rear pressure response curves) are not externally
> adjustable.
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 14:48:47 -0800
> From: Perry Harrington <pedward at apsoft.com>
> To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
> Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] OT: ABS retrofit into older car...
>
> I wonder if he's referring to those delay valves used to delay the onset of
> rear brakes.  The stated purpose is to prevent rear brake lockup by
> preventing
> the high pressure surge when someone stomps the pedal in an emergency.
>
> Those devices are not neccessary if you have properly biased your brakes.
> That is the whole purpose of a bias valve, it limits pressure to the rear
> brakes so that the front brakes lockup first.
>
> --Perry

Perry Harrington			Data Acquisition & Instrumentation, Inc
perry at dainst dot com					 http://www.dainst.com/

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin