[Diy_efi] (off topic) Disk pad wear reduction with

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Fri Dec 6 15:51:06 GMT 2002

At 01:34 AM 12/6/02 -0800, you wrote:
>--- Mike <erazmus at iinet.net.au> wrote:
>
>> WHy are you so damn dogmatic,
>
>I'm not.  I've simply wasted too much time in my
>career on blind alleys.  After a while, you learn
>where they are, by applying basic principles.

mmmm, OK - Well you did seem fixated on one issue, perhaps
in due course that will change ;)

I'm sorry you think you have wasted time following blind alleys,
I guess thats why we have this user group and others like it
- so we can ask more or less open-ended questions without
assuming people will be fixed on one view and having to allude
to their apparent hypocrisy - one way or the other  ;-)

*grin*

>If you want to chase them, go do so.  Stop insulting
>people for questioning your point.  Just go do it, and
>find out for yourself.

Hey - all I did was criticise (in kind) your criticism, if you
think that was insulting then bad luck - dont throw comments like
'if it aint broke dont fix it' because that is not consistent with
the aims of a user group to consider alternatives i is it ?

Frankly though, I dont see how I insulted you by paradying your
comment of 'if it aint broke dont fix it', because to me that
is the high end of irony when we are looking to learn different
approaches which might well have a practical outcome, who knows, but
for me all it takes is focus on the issue and a little time before
any sort of practical experiments.

>Good day, sir.  No more time for your argument.

OK, thats fine, feel free to bow out, Bernd did suggest there
was something inherent in the 'O' ring which might well be more
than satisfactory - I guess I will spend an hour or so this
weekend taking a closer look at my caliper setup to see how
much this might be extended, if - that is, its worthwhile, but
hey we aint at the cost benefit analysis stage yet are we ;-)

*grin*

Rgds

Mike