[Diy_efi] (off topic) Disk pad wear reduction with

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Fri Dec 6 16:09:26 GMT 2002

At 02:24 PM 12/6/02 +0100, you wrote:
>> It should be obvious to anyone why one would want to minimise
>> pad drag on an economy run of 3000 Kms...
>
>How much gain anyway, and how much weight added to the car by your
>"accumulators, solenoids, surge tanks and the like, this in concert with
>electronic controls "?

I have absolutely no idea (at this stage) but as I've just discovered from
another member on this list there could well be a better method which I am
seriously interested in learning more about, though I must say the maximum
anticipated weight (and I am guessing here of 5Kg) may well be
negligible versus continuous pad wear over that distance. Weight of that
order doesnt seem to be as important as tire/tyre inflation over that
distance and running twin tires all round I am more cognisant of that issue...

Rgds

Mike
Perth, Western Australia
Some power/auto stuff here:-  http://www.iinet.net.au/~erazmus