[Diy_efi] Veggie van.

Marcell Gal cell at x-dsl.hu
Wed Dec 11 15:33:11 GMT 2002

Hi,

Eric wrote:
> their cars.  But the cycle of growing food, tending it, harvesting it,
> processing the oil out of it to burn in cars is not solar powered, and on
> the scale of use that people use petrodiesel, Biodiesel would not be
> Whereas I know that if I use solar power to split water, that is closed
> cycle.

You are right that all the costs, pollution and efforts of utilization
should be considered when looking at an energy source.
However what makes you think that technology to use solar power to split
water costs nothing? To my knowledge, all technologies we have for utilizing
sunpower are costly in fact. (semiconductors or mirrors and turbines).
Small solar cells make less energy in their whole lifetime than you could buy
from a nuclear power plant for the cost of the cell.

    Marcell