[Diy_efi] Throttle body size

Ron Schroeder rjs at bnl.gov
Thu Dec 12 18:51:16 GMT 2002

Hi Adrian,

TB size is based on engines needed intake airflow requirements, as you
guessed, not by the engines displacement.  a small high reving engine would
use the same TB size as a larger low reving engine assuming they were both
about the same HP.  So look for a TB from an engine of similar HP to what
you are building rather than one from the same displacement.

Just a ballpark, a 2bbl 50mm would be a good starting point.  When I EFI'd
my engine, I replaced 2 - 36mm 2bbl carbs with 2 - 32mm 2bbl TBs and still
got 10%+ more power and a LOT better throttle response.

Ron Schroeder
WD8CDH
day 631 344-4561
nite 631 286-5677