[Diy_efi] '7747 trouble code list

Ne14RoxCJ at aol.com Ne14RoxCJ at aol.com
Thu Dec 12 19:09:06 GMT 2002

--part1_ba.31fd72c0.2b2a38dc_boundary

In a message dated 12/11/02 2:59:33 PM Central Standard Time, sravet at arm.com
writes:

> > Does anyone know if the elimination of the oil
> > pressure switch will affect the ecm?
>
> It won't.
>
> --steve

The ECM will use the Fuel Pump Relay for pre-start pressurization (a few
seconds) and during cranking. After the engine starts, and builds oil
pressure the pump is powered through the pressure switch. I suppose
eliminating these components and powering the pump with a "hot in run"
curcuit would work, but the pump will run ANY time the key is on. Also, the
OP switch prevents the engine from running with less than ~5psi. I consider
it "cheap insurance" for my $$ engine.

With any setup, the ECM needs to see the voltage going to the fuel pump at
pin B2. A code 54 will set if the ECM sees less than  2 volts for 1.5 sec
since the last reference pulse was received. HTH...

Beau

--part1_ba.31fd72c0.2b2a38dc_boundary