[Diy_efi] '7747 trouble code list

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Thu Dec 12 19:35:47 GMT 2002

In a message dated 12/12/2002 2:09:16 PM Eastern Standard Time, Ne14RoxCJ writes:

> The ECM will use the Fuel Pump Relay for pre-start pressurization (a few seconds) and during cranking. After the engine starts, and builds oil pressure the pump is powered through the pressure switch. I suppose eliminating these components and powering the pump with a "hot in run" curcuit would work, but the pump will run ANY time the key is on. Also, the OP switch prevents the engine from running with less than ~5psi. I
> consider it "cheap insurance" for my $$ engine.

Not true. The engine will continue to run with no oil pressure due to the fuel pump relay being continuously on as long as the ECM recieves reference pulses from the distributor. The oil pressure switch is not a "low oil pressure safety". It is simply a back up in case the fuel pump relay fails.

The engine will still crank without the fuel pump relay, but cranking times will be longer since it will take some time for oil pressure to build and start the fuel pump.

JW
www.customefis.com