[Diy_efi] Newbie ? refined

bob limo fatbillybob at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 13 14:12:51 GMT 2002

I originally posted: ">Do you guys know if the wide
open throttle on most
>production sports cars is at the maximum duty cycle
of
>the injectors, or do most manufacturers have some
head
>room in the injectors like 20% more room?"

The reason for the ? was that I was thinking about a
way to just turn on the injectors 100% at wide open
throttle and run a little nitrous oxide as close to
stoichimetric as possible.  Problems are: 1) some on
this list say duty cycles are at max in general and
some say they are not. If there is headroom then in
theory you haev more fuel capacity to prevent a lean
burn. 2) events are happening so fast that are all the
injectors really spraying all the time at WOT anyway?
Things aren't really that sequential so I don't think
it matters if I dump fuel for those short times 100%
thru all injectors? 3)Does wiring up injectors that
way cause any bad feedback to ECU?  It is a real
hassle to figure out how to nitrous a dry manifold,
with minimal effort,  never ment to flow a wet
mixture.  I may end up fining that the headroom left
in stock injectors is so little that Nitrous just does
not work well this way.