[Diy_efi] EEC-IV and EEC-V

Brian Renegar thomas.renegar at nist.gov
Fri Dec 13 14:05:03 GMT 2002

>The Tweecer is pseudo realtime in that you can get realtime datalogging
>from it,
>but AFAIK you cannot tune settings in realtime.

Yes you can.  I have a TwEECer, and have done so.  I can make changes to
the tune, while the engine is running.

While I agree that there seems to be a whole lot of secrecy regarding the
inner workings of the EECIV and V processors, a few people (those that have
the products you mentioned) have figured out quite a lot.  The TwEECer RT
(datalogging version) is comparable to a stand alone DFI system, except
that I would say it has much better driveability provisions and emissions
compliance.  This is because instead of being based on an aftermarket
processor, it's based on Ford's years of research and development in those
areas.  You start out with Ford's tune, and modify it to suit your needs.

Dave:  Yes, you can alter just the MAF curve and injector size if you
wanted.  You can do as little or as much alteration of the stock .bin
files.  BTW, what SCCA class are you running in?  I thought that A/S was
still required to run carb's.

Brian