[Diy_efi] EEC-IV and EEC-V

A6intruder A6intruder at adelphia.net
Fri Dec 13 14:04:49 GMT 2002

Dave,

I didn't catch all of your discussion except that listed below but if you
want to tune Ford's EEC IV, I have listed several links below and a very
helpful EEC Tuner discussion forum.  I think there is a TwEECer forum as
well hosted by the same guy.

I am currently running a 1994 Mustang GT with a mild NA setup.  I use the
EEC Tuner, which through the use of a laptop allows me to change injector
sizes, air meter calibration and a whole bunch of other settings as needed.
The 'Tuner also allows me to data log right into the Ford EEC memory for
retrieval and analysis.  I have installed a DIY-WB that is data logged as
well and has a real-time display.  The data logging is very important to see
exactly what is being commanded and then collecting what really happened so
you can make appropriate adjustments.

I think the TwEECer has every bit as much versatility and possibly some
advantages to the EEC Tuner, it is a newer product.  The only real support
for the EEC Tuner is the EEC Tuner discussion forum, I don't know about the
TwEECer.

If you are setting up for a certain class of racing and aren't restricted to
the year of computer, go for the A9L model that was installed in 1993 and
earlier Mustang GT's.  It is the best supported of the models and easier to
tune.  The 1994-5 T4M0 like I have is still pretty flexible but is not as
well understood.

You mention only wanting to change injector size and MAF function and
letting the computer figure out the rest.  That really depends on how wild
your ride is and how good your drivability needs to be.  If you understand
how the EEC works you can get close pretty quickly but it is issues like
cold start and idle at 27 deg F that can add work.  I use my car as a daily
driver, it has to work in all modes.  The nice thing with the EEC Tuner or
the TwEECer is that you can make as many changes and experiment to your
heart's desire for the original $4-500, no charges each time you want to
change like with the custom burned chips.

http://www.iwantperformance.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
This link has archives with many posts with excellent information on tuning
the EEC IV & V.  The site owner, Raymond, also hosts the EEC Tuner
discussion group.

This is the same discussion group, different format.

Have fun.

Daniel R. Nicoson
Equipment Exchange Company
Phone:  (814) 774-0888