[Diy_efi] re: Newbie? refined now a Nitrous ?

Greg Hermann bearbvd at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 15 19:51:59 GMT 2002

Think about it, hard acceleration requires an AFR
>that's more rich than stoich -- probably in the 12 - 13.5 range -- and
>the stock narrowband O2 sensors can only really tell you if you're close
>to 14.7 or not.

There goes that "probably" word again. I sort of hope your "13.5" was a
TYPO !! PARTICULARLY for when the funny juice is flowing !!

 A range of 11.5 or even 11.0 to 12.5 would be a lot closer to not melting
pistons !! Start on the RICH end, and READ THE PLUGS--even IF you have a
WBO2. Or, be ready to pay the piper !

Greg