[Diy_efi] RE: Diy_efi digest, Vol 1 #408 - 13 msgs

Patrick Cahill patc at opposition.tv
Sun Dec 15 22:23:09 GMT 2002

Message: 11
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 08:38:51 -0800 (PST)
From: bob limo <fatbillybob at yahoo.com>
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: [Diy_efi] re: Newbie? refined now a Nitrous ?

Thanks all who responed.  In general I'm trying to be
lazy with the Nitrous.  There is a huge differnece
between running an engine and all the parameters that
have to be correct VS. dumping extra nitrous and fuel
for 10 second blasts.  With Nitrous the key is to add
enough fuel so you don't have a lean burn.  I
understand how EFI dry manifolds can flow air evenly.
The real question is can a dry maifold flow a wet
mixture well enough like old car car manifolds?  It is
way easier to inject extra fuel and nitrous in a dry
manifold than it is to do the extra fuel injector
stacking on OEM injectors.  Besides, I question
whether the stacked injector method will harm the
delievery of the OEM injector for the other 99.9% of
daily driving.  I don't think that adding 8 things to
upset the flow stream is unobtrusive as one injector
further upstream.  There are methods as one poster
presented that increase fuel pressure that in thory
keeps the duty cycles the same.  This may be true or
is it?  Don't these modern systems sence with o2
sensors etc... some feedback and the ECU's will lower
the duty cycle because it knows there is more fuel
going in?  I think there is a way that OEM full engine
management systems like Motronics will sence the
relationship between injector time and fuel pressure
to keep the volume the same right?  I just don't know
enough about that.  So if dry manifolds can flow a wet
mixture well enough then the problem is easy to solve.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Message: 12