[Diy_efi] RE: Diy_efi digest, Vol 1 #413 - 12 msgs

A6intruder A6intruder at adelphia.net
Wed Dec 18 14:31:07 GMT 2002

I understand that the 4-gas gives more info than a WB, but for those that
don't have access to a 4-gas a WB can still be very useful.

Below you discuss that the WB changes as you change timing at a given data
point.  Of course it does, the WB is only reporting what it observes.  If
you change timing from "way-off-rich" to "optimum" you will see the WB
report a leaning A/F trend as it should, you just improved combustion by
changing the timing, not the actual A/F.  Now you will have to decide if
your resulting do have to change A/F again to achieve your A/F goal.

My only point of entering the discussion is for those without a 4-gas not to
discount the usefulness of a WB.  You DO have to understand what it is
actually telling you and tune accordingly.

Thanks for a great discussion thread, this one has been very interesting!

Daniel R. Nicoson
Equipment Exchange Company
Phone:  (814) 774-0888
Fax:      (814) 774-0880