[Diy_efi] RE: Diy_efi digest, Vol 1 #413 - 12 msgs

Dave Dahlgren ddahlgren at snet.net
Thu Dec 19 10:13:33 GMT 2002

You need to think in terms of cylinder pressure. Big truck long hill same rpm
and map big cylinder pressure. same engine in a 2000 lb car going downhill at
WOT very little pressure same rpm and MAP, at least until you chicken out and
lift. But I think it Makes the point. the only time the two engines see the same
load is at terminal velocity for both at the same rpm. If you tune for terminal
velocity with no fuel or timing modifiers for the lower gears and less load you
are giving something up power wise. To a certain degree the OEMs seem to play
with gearing to make some of these scenarios equal. Small light car take gear
out,big truck put gear in..
Dave