[Diy_efi] 1.8 t engine in 1988 A2

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Thu Dec 19 23:49:28 GMT 2002

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 04:05:12PM -0000, Richards, Sean wrote:
>does anyone here know if the 1.8 t engine can fit into a 1988 a2
>engine bay.

Yes it does. I've seen a couple of them in Europe.
It gets a bit fiddly and is a tight fit around the back
of the engine. You'll spend a lot of time on the wiring harness.

Better fit is available in a post 8/89 model and the electrics are
allegedly less onerous. The later body has a bulge in the firewall
behind the engine; originally intended for the G60's (16V) ancillaries.

>i have someone will to sell me everything from a 2000 1.8 t jetta.

Get the front axle and transmission as well; don't forget the
clutch pedal assembly; which is hydraulically-actuated.