[Diy_efi] Tuning with too much power for dyno?

Matt Porritt porrittm at anet.co.nz
Fri Dec 20 01:00:54 GMT 2002

--B_3123238060_87752

I=B9ve got a wee problem.

20B (mazda) engine running Methanol, 2bar + of boost and Nitrous, produces
too much power (torque) for the dyno (International Dynometers Dyno Packs =AD
Hub)
In 2wd mode they are good for around 800hp, but nowhere near the torque of
the engine.
Engine is looking to put out approx 900hp before Nitrous.
The engine will be able to be tuned to around 5000rpm on the dyno before
torque limits, but as its running a 5500rpm stall convertor in it that will
pose problems also.

Apart from making MANY drag passes and logging everything and tuning back
from there, does anyone have some ideas that maybe we havn=B9t thought of to
tune this thing?

Cheers
--=20
Matt Porritt
RC Race Cars and Supplies
ICQ #22776813

--B_3123238060_87752

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Tuning with too much power for dyno?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">I&#8217;ve got a wee problem.<BR>
<BR>
20B (mazda) engine running Methanol, 2bar + of boost and Nitrous, produces =
too much power (torque) for the dyno (International Dynometers Dyno Packs &#=
8211; Hub)<BR>
In 2wd mode they are good for around 800hp, but nowhere near the torque of =
the engine.<BR>
Engine is looking to put out approx 900hp before Nitrous.<BR>
The engine will be able to be tuned to around 5000rpm on the dyno before to=
rque limits, but as its running a 5500rpm stall convertor in it that will po=
se problems also.<BR>
<BR>
Apart from making MANY drag passes and logging everything and tuning back f=
rom there, does anyone have some ideas that maybe we havn&#8217;t thought of=
 to tune this thing?<BR>
<BR>
Cheers<BR>
-- <BR>