[Diy_efi] RE: Timing and dyno pulls

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Fri Dec 20 04:03:22 GMT 2002

At 01:20 PM 19/12/2002 -0500, you wrote:

>I think the head was partially or completely devoid of
>coolant.  The extra heat in the combustion chamber caused
>the car to run like a raped ape. It was pulling harder
>than I've ever felt it pull before, and with fuel settings
>about 7% richer than they ought to be. 90.5 in the 1/8th!
>Doh! 12.52 at 112mph with a lousy 1.88 60-ft.

Thats where your raped ape got its extra power, from
water in the chambers - enough to perhaps increase CR
(effectively) and reduce pinging for the short period of
time,

I've noticed this on a ford escort when I blew a gasket between
chambers 2 and 3 - bit more power (!) for a little while then
kampumpf :(

Do you normally run a wet manifold ?

rgds

mike