[Diy_efi] dyno comparison

Nick Starai true at ItsYourDomain.com
Fri Dec 20 22:26:26 GMT 2002

> --- Nick Starai <true at ItsYourDomain.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't see a huge disadvantage to using an
> > intertial OTHER then the 4 gas exhaust analyzer
> > mentioned several times. (assuming the inertial
> > has the LOAD CONTROL OPTION).
>
> And has been recently calibrated (they don't
> self-calibrate).

Yes.

> > Now what I'm wondering is if it's a function
> > of law as to why you can't use a 4-gas on an
> > inertial or is it that the manufacturers simply
> > don't integrate the device into their dyno's.
>
> It takes generally over one second for the exhaust
> gases to stabilize at a given load/speed site and be
> read cleanly by the analyzer.  Can't happen on an
> inertial dyno.

Sorry, I'm still confused. If I'm using a DynoJet 248 with RECENTLY
calibrated load control option....It cannot hold a load/speed site for
1 second or longer?

> > It just seems to me that the major advantage of the
> > eddy was the 4gas.
>
> And again, the BIGGEST one is being able to provide a
> full load and get an accurate reading.
>
> > Also, I'm referring to pump gas,
>
> Tuning is tuning, regardless of the gas you're using.
> 99% of the machines I have tuned have been on pump gas.

Of course; sorry, that wasn't my point.

Can someone recommend a 4gas analyzer?? I'm trying to figure out if I can
make use of one on my inertial. I don't understand why Adam says It
can't happen on an inertial -- eventhough It has the load control
option.....maybe I don't understand this option properly? Thanks.