[Diy_efi] boosted compression ratio

Nick Starai true at ItsYourDomain.com
Sun Dec 22 16:24:56 GMT 2002

> Althought they might like us to think its a 'complex algorithm' - I
> really dont think so - I could draft it in a few sentences if anyone's
> interested.

Mike, sure we could draft up a quick and easy paper on the logic a program
needs to retard the cylinders...the complex part as you mention below is
the filtering of other noises.

> use a DSP and filter
> out a great deal of other engine noise to have usable knock
> detection up to rev limit...

The J&S uses DSP. Other then being disabled under 1500 RPM, It connects
to TPS and disables itself on de-acceleration where the engine is more
prone to pickup piston slap as knock. These 2 combinations allow it to be
used for the full scope of the useful rpm range.

Back to C/R....what you guys think.. 9:1 as well? :)