[Diy_efi] Bosch Motronic Fiat comms

Marc Geyskens emgee at village.uunet.be
Sun Dec 22 16:57:14 GMT 2002

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 22:06:14 -0000, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've been looking into this for sometime, and thought perhaps someone on=
 this group could point mein the right direction.=20

>I'm trying to set up a system such that I can communicate with the ECU =
on my Fiat Coupe (1997 20V turbo), using a laptop, a suitable interface =
and home written software. This is to enable me to read fault codes, look=
 at engine parameters etc.

>The ECU is described as a Bosch Motronic 2.10.4 0 261 204 483 46476758 =
XEBM4483. The interface is a bi-directional K line using 'standard bosch =
protocol'.=20

>I think I understand the K-line hardware side (I have the baud rates =
etc) and it looks relatively easy to make something up. The difficulty =
comes in knowing what codes/ commands are sent to the ECU to get a =
response.

>I've had a lot of searches on the internet and come over things like =
OBD, OBD II, CAN, but I'm confused as to which, if any, apply to this =
car/system. What is the 'standard bosch protocol' my workshop manual =
refers to?

>Can anybody tell me where I can find the necessary information, if it is=
 in fact available,

>Many Thanks
>
>Mike Bilton

try www.scantool.net