[Diy_efi] Are you sure the Safeguard uses a DSP?

erce erce at nccw.net
Sun Dec 22 21:04:12 GMT 2002

Nick,

You said....

>The J&S uses DSP. Other then being disabled under 1500 RPM, It connects
>to TPS and disables itself on de-acceleration where the engine is more
>prone to pickup piston slap as knock.

I have been thinking about the Safeguard design for a while....The Motorola
68HC11 series processor he (at least used to use) is not a fast "DSP
enabled" processor.  I always thought he windowed the knock and used  analog
band pass filtering.

On another note, does it really matter if we pull timing on de-acceleration?
Have you verified that his unit disables under TPS closure?

I have a J&S, just waiting to play with it.  Haven't had the time to de pot
the innerards yet.

Regards,
Dave