[Diy_efi] Are you sure the Safeguard uses a DSP?

Nick Starai true at ItsYourDomain.com
Sun Dec 22 23:31:33 GMT 2002

> Nick,
> You said....
>
> >The J&S uses DSP. Other then being disabled under 1500 RPM, It connects
> >to TPS and disables itself on de-acceleration where the engine is more
> >prone to pickup piston slap as knock.

Other then being told it does DSP from a knowledgable source -- I'm
not specifically sure. I'm sure you checked the homepage as I did, and I
did not find any info regarding how the unit works. I dont know what
processor he uses. I'll email him to verify the DSP.

> On another note, does it really matter if we pull timing on de-acceleration?
> Have you verified that his unit disables under TPS closure?

I don't see why timing retard on deaccel would matter. I've never seen my
unit retard the timing with no throttle...how could I test? :)