[Diy_efi] Time delay relay?

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Tue Dec 24 08:32:01 GMT 2002

At 12:13 AM 24/12/2002 -0800, you wrote:

Yeah thats it but, based on the expectation here's some pullup
in the ECU to pull the input high when the switch opens, some
have 10K - some have 100K up to a megohm, so find what caps you
have in the junk box or go to your nearest electronic store and
get some decade sets, like 1uF, 10uF, 100uF and a couple inbetween,
they are really cheap so altogether shouldnt cost more than A$2,
bit of trial and error and you should get precisely what you
want. No need to go over 16VW on the cap specs unless its handling
ignition voltage - then go for 35VW (VW=Volts Working) etc,

The only minor issue is if the ECU input you are using doesnt
have a schmitt trigger on it, if that input is normally used
for switching tables then I'd expect it would, in the event
it doesnt you'd probaly notice noise at the switch voltage
which is either cmos or ttl levels, But I guess its probably
an input to the s/w so it might have its own debounce timer as well,

rgds

mike