[Diy_efi] Time delay relay?

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Wed Dec 25 03:02:18 GMT 2002

At 04:49 PM 24/12/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Mike, what kind of things should I ask of the ECU designers about the input
>circuit so that you have the info you need to tell me how to make it work?

Well:-

a.	First make sure the -ve of the cap goes to ground,
	+ve of cap goes to same ECU input as switch.
b.	Try a much larger cap, 22uF may be way too small if
	the pullup is something like 1K Ohm,
	You might need 470uF - 1000uF, if the pullup is 470-1K,
c.	Simultaneously with the above ask them what is the value
	of the internal "pullup".

When doing experiments like these use the 'decade' rule, if something
doesnt seem to make any difference at all when adding a component,
change its value by times 10 until a change is observed then you can
do a binary search in the other direction (unless of course you
have accurate data about the pullup or have already discerned the
formula from previous experiments)...

rgds

mike

rgds