[Diy_efi] RE: Timing and dyno pulls

Grant Beaty gbeaty at ufl.edu
Wed Dec 25 03:32:54 GMT 2002

I've seen that stuff before, sounds too good to be true... What I'm
wondering is,

a) Why don't OEMs use it? Many less plumbing-related failures seems
tempting.
b) They say it pulls heat away from the head better, how about from the
coolant -> radiator? If coolant temps can be kept higher, that would
certainly help.

I'm not familar with thermal transfer in liquids, is thermal conductivity a
big issue like it is in heat sinks, or are viscosity and surface tension
more important? I'm wonding if you need to increase thermostat temp. to get
the same heat rejected thru the radiator.

http://www.evanscooling.com/main20.htm

I can see why it might need a high flow water pump with its lower specific
heat

Grant Beaty