Building a Flow bench

Eric Fahlgren efahl at adams.com
Fri Feb 1 19:08:48 GMT 2002

Greg Hermann wrote:

> It was 25 or 28 inches of H2O, not Hg, but _BINGO_. Not gonna happen with
> any standard fan or blower wheel !!

Greg, would it be possible for me to send all my posts to you for
checking of units first? :)

> If you want to do "off-standard" testing, fine. I was just outlining what
> would be needed to do _repeatable_ work, on standard.

Isn't this just a matter of instrumentation, not the blower?  If
I have an accurate means for measuring flow and a good manometer,
I would think that my means for generating the flow is of no
consequence.  Now, of course, if I plan to use blower motor current
or some similar parameter as the means for measuring flow, then all
bets are off, as you indicate.

Eric

--
Eric Fahlgren                            Mechanical Dynamics, Inc
efahl at adams.com                          Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA