Altering Rover MEMS

marko.cosic marko.cosic at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 4 18:58:02 GMT 2002

The Caterham boys use Rover engines a lot, but always tend to dump them in
favour of aftermarket. I suspect that is because no-one has tried to remap,
rather than they can't be done. It might be worth checking the superchips site.
If the thing has been chipped then there is a chance.

>Would rather do it myself 1) because I can trial the settings and revise as
neccessary; 2) because I'm not after 100bhp/litre and 1000rpm useable rev-range
and 3) because the Superchips cost more than the complete donor vehicle...

COP is not possible out the box as only one ign driver.

>Scrap ECU + Your ECU + bit of wiring = twin ignition driver ECU?

For idle select you *might* be able to do something assuming you don't have
aircon, as there is an aircon line to the ECU that will up idle a bit.

>Would this aircon line be electrical or a pressure line? Would it raise
tickover or just give the ECU 'warning' of impeding load demand?

Cheers,

Marko