Altering Rover MEMS

William Shurvinton shurvinton at orange.net
Tue Feb 5 20:39:48 GMT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: marko.cosic <marko.cosic at ntlworld.com>

> >Would rather do it myself 1) because I can trial the settings and revise
as
> neccessary
OK, let us know how you get on. I haven't found any references so assume no
DIY'ers have hack'd this ECM.

> COP is not possible out the box as only one ign driver.
>
> >Scrap ECU + Your ECU + bit of wiring = twin ignition driver ECU?

If going to this level, just replace MEMS with programmable GM ECU where
there are man centuries of support on this list ( no Bruce I'm not having a
go at your age)

> For idle select you *might* be able to do something assuming you don't
have
> aircon, as there is an aircon line to the ECU that will up idle a bit.
>
> >Would this aircon line be electrical or a pressure line? Would it raise
> tickover or just give the ECU 'warning' of impeding load demand?

Dunno, would have to defer to a more experienced list member

Bill