1986 Mazda RX7 N/A ECU

Tim Mead arcane__ at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 5 20:39:54 GMT 2002

Hey all...
   I'm just new to the list, but I was wondering if anyone had any info
regarding the ECU in the '86 RX7? Its a Denso-manufactured piece of
hardware. Some of the IC's I've been able to identify are:
HD46508 - A 16 channel ADC
HD46821 - A PIA
HD6840 - A programmable timer module (1 MHz clock)
TC5517 - 2k byte RAM

That's about all... that and I'm pretty sure a Nippon-Denso chip labled:
949755-4450
is the CPU.
There are two 2764's on the board... but I haven't dumped them yet as I
doubt that will help much until I work out the architecture of the CPU
(something which may never happen...)
Some of the IC's which I have no idea what they are, are:
151821-0020 - Another Nippon-Denso chip
TC40H000
C1251 - This one's NEC
TD62504 - Yet another Nippon-Denso
TD62503 - ND again...

If anyone has any information on these chips and/or Japenese ECU's in
general (prefereably Denso ones), it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
- Tim