Turbo for flowbench

Bryon Hargis b_hargis at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 5 20:41:11 GMT 2002

I realize this, however I was not speaking of the turbine, I was speaking of
the compressor.  I was saying while the turbo will definitely spin up some
at no load freewheeling, it will also not provide anything useful.  Energy
in = Energy out, and as Jesse and I both pointed out, theres no energy going
in with no load.

And while the enthalpy difference across the turbine is directly
proportional to the amount of work a turbine can do, so is mass flow.  So
saying its not really mass flow that matters is not true.  There equal in
that regard.  Increasing either in the same proportion with everything else
staying the same will net the same result.

Bryon