Individual Cylinder AF Adjust, was: NTK wb-sensor price

Steve.Flanagan at VerizonWireless.com Steve.Flanagan at VerizonWireless.com
Thu Feb 7 20:20:46 GMT 2002

What is the Max temp for these WB02 sensors.

If I do a 1/4 mile pull with my car, I see up to 1800 Deg on the EGT's.  I
am concerned that putting the WB02 right near the EGTs would heat them up
too much.  I could always just pull 3 gears when dialing in the map and
subject the WBO2 to only 1600 deg F (+/- 50 deg).  Then remove the sensor
for my 5 gear pulls.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Axel Rietschin [mailto:Axel_Rietschin at CompuServe.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 7:53 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: Individual Cylinder AF Adjust, was: NTK wb-sensor price

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruce" <nacelp at bright.net>
To: <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 1997 16:33

> While two cycles may not be exactly the same, there maybe *trends*
involved.
> Seems odd GM would go to individual cylinder trim, if there was nothing to
> be found.   As I recall in some cals, the correction is a constant (not in
> any learn cycle strategy).
> Bruce

Yed of course one can see a need for individual cylinder trim (I actually
use it to enrich a small bit cyl 2 and 3 on my 4-cyl engine - last time I
melted some pistons, 2 and 3 were really badly hurt, much more than 1 and
4). I thought we were talking closed loop individual cylinder "real-time"
correction, which is overkill if at all doable, imho. When making a fuel map
it could be wise to use one WB per cylinder - next to the thermocouple ;-)
but you have to filter a lot to smooth out the variations.

--axel