Jaycar 5300 LED display

Crescent Kao crescent at c-speedracing.com
Fri Feb 8 07:51:05 GMT 2002

Ok.. upon further investigation..

I replaced the 10ohm resistor that was burned and powered up the display..
it will cycle through the "tec" -> "11c" -> "10. <="
However, playing with the sensor voltages to vary the display shows that the
middle horizontal led on all the 7-segment LED's are not lighting up
anymore. However, the unit still appears to function properly when hooked up
to the WB02.. about half the led's on vertical bar graph LED also not
working anymore either.

Is there any way to determine if the LED's are still good or if its another
problem? The PIC16F84A chip 'appears' to be good as there is no visual
damage to it. I was planning on replacing the three 7-segment LED's but
Radio Shack doesn't carry them so I have to order them online unless I can
test them to verify that they are good/bad.

Thanks.

Crescent Kao
Director of Marketing and Sales
www.c-speedracing.com