EPROM Data.

pshurvell at tiofi.com.au pshurvell at tiofi.com.au
Thu Feb 14 08:06:25 GMT 2002

Hi all. I am new to the list an I am after some info on EPROMs for my
Webber Marelli EFI system. Basically I want to be able to copy the EPROM
from the ECU using my PC and an EPROM programmer and then   program it to
another chip. What I need to know is how the speed of an EPROM is rated.
The EPROM in my ECU is a Texas Instruments TMS27C256-20. Unfortunately I am
unable to obtain this chip locally. I can however get a TMS27C256-15 for
the right price (ie free :o) ) locally. Is the time factor a read time, and
if so does that mean the 100ns chip is faster than the 200ns chip?
Would I be able to use the faster chip in my ECU?
Any help that could be offered would be much appreciated. Even a link to a
site that has the data I need would be great.
Thanks for being patient with me.
Regards to all.
Paul Shurvell.